Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Frankfurt - Toronto from the air



Life never turns out the way you planned it, but I guess making the best of what’s thrown at you is part of the fun. I had all kinds of plans to start my glider training and finish my night rating, but life and family matters interfered causing me to be away more than home for the past three months.

"Away" meant Europe where i have travelled twice recently. This meant flying big airplanes, including 777 (as a passenger of course). On a recent trip back from Frankfurt (to see my Dad who is in cancer treatment in Germany), an approach pass went right over downtown Toronto and of course I had my camera ready.

Leaving Frankfurt:


Somewhere over Germany in rainy weather:


Breaking through clouds on descent to TO:


Flying over Yonge Street with downtown in background and another plane headed for parallell Rwy:



Downsview Airport: